Wednesday 10am – 12pm, Jan/01/2020
Start your 2020 with a calm peaceful mind!
It is open to all who want to begin the New Year with compassion and equanimity. The temple door will be open from 9:30 am – 12:00 pm on New Year’s Day.
“The newness of the New Year is not in the day but in our mind. Hence, the true meaning of greeting the New Year lies in exerting ourselves with a fresh new mind in our practice and public service. If therefore we take care of our new mind, then every day is a new day and a New year.” – Master Chongsan
- Suggested donation: $30
- No one will be turned away for lack of funds.
- Noble silence is observed.
- Korean rice cake soup (Tteok Guk) for a New Year’s Day will be served for lunch.
- RSVP would be appreciated for lunch preparation.
YOU MAY JOIN US AT ANY TIME YOU WISH.
PLEASE REFER TO THE SCHEDULE SHOWN BELOW.
(Please arrive and leave at the beginning or ending of each session respectively.)
- 10:00 – 10:20 am Moving Meditation (light stretching)
- 10:20 – 10:50 am Sitting Meditation
- 10:50 – 11:10 am Walking Meditation
- 11:10 – 11:40 am Sitting Meditation
- 11:40 – 12:00 pm Chanting & Dharma Reading
Donate by check: Make your check payable to Won Buddhist International and bring it to the temple.
Donate with Venmo: Scan Venmo code below or search @WonBuddhismNYC
Donate by paypal: Click below