Even though we can’t meet in person during this time, we are offering online practice to help our community stay calm and connected. Join us for our online practice to cultivate serenity and compassion for yourself and others.
Our regular weekly schedule is continuing as usual. Please feel free to join us by clicking any of the scheduled times below.
Sustaining Our Community:
We are able to stay connected and to continue to support one another in this difficult time through our online practice. If you find yourself experiencing financial challenges, please know that all of our programs are available without charge, and we welcome your presence. If you are fortunate enough to continue making an income, please consider offering an online donation HERE. Any amount coming from your heart is helpful and greatly appreciated.
Online Practice Guidelines
Minimize visual distractions for others.
– Consider what is showing behind you.
– It’s best to put the camera at eye level, so that when you’re looking at the screen, it appears as if you’re looking at the person you’re talking to.
Mute yourself when not speaking even if you’re alone in the room.
– Your microphone can pick up a lot of background noise, so muting allows others on the call to easily hear who’s speaking.
– Please keep your mic muted during chanting. Unfortunately, our chanting over an online meeting connection is not going to be in sync.
Sit up, rather than lying on your bed or the couch (if physically possible), as if you are in the meditation hall. Use your cushion or a straight-backed chair.
Getting into the online practice
- From your computer, tablet, or smartphone, use the link below:
This link will be the same for all programs.
Meeting ID: 593 096 029
- You can also dial in using your phone if you don’t want to use your computer.
United States: +1 (408) 650 – 3123
Access Code: 593-096-029
- Please join the session 5-10 minutes before the scheduled start time, so as to be seated and settled in place before the practice begins.
- If your device does not already have the GoToMeeting app installed, it will automatically download (after you click to accept the download). Say “yes” to any prompts. The app does not require you to create an account, password, or give any personal information. Make sure you leave enough time to do this before your first online meeting. It only takes a few minutes.
- On the “video preview,” click to join with or without video. (Probably “with” in the beginning.) The host will ask you to turn your video off to preserve bandwidth if necessary.
- Click to join with Computer Audio.
- Using a headset with mic with give you the best audio quality, but if you prefer not to wear a headset while meditating, it’s not necessary.
Won Buddhism Online Practice Resources
We have created a list of useful resources to help you continue your personal practice and connect with others during these difficult times. Please share and enjoy these resources. We’ll be updating the schedule as additional meeting times are added.