Even though we can’t meet in person during this time, we are offering online practice to help our community stay calm and connected. Join us for our online practice to cultivate serenity and compassion for yourself and others.
Our regular weekly schedule is continuing as usual. Please feel free to join us by clicking any of the scheduled times below.
Sustaining Our Community:
We are able to stay connected and to continue to support one another in this difficult time through our online practice. If you find yourself experiencing financial challenges, please know that all of our programs are available without charge, and we welcome your presence. If you are fortunate enough to continue making an income, please consider offering an online donation HERE. Any amount coming from your heart is helpful and greatly appreciated.
Online Practice Guidelines
Minimize visual distractions for others.
– Consider what is showing behind you.
– It’s best to put the camera at eye level, so that when you’re looking at the screen, it appears as if you’re looking at the person you’re talking to.
Mute yourself when not speaking even if you’re alone in the room.
– Your microphone can pick up a lot of background noise, so muting allows others on the call to easily hear who’s speaking.
– Please keep your mic muted during chanting. Unfortunately, our chanting over an online meeting connection is not going to be in sync.
Sit up, rather than lying on your bed or the couch (if physically possible), as if you are in the meditation hall. Use your cushion or a straight-backed chair.
Getting into the online practice
- Click HERE (Zoom Link) to join us from your computer, tablet, or smartphone, use the link below:
Meeting ID: 714 109 4609
- You can also dial in using your phone if you don’t want to use your computer.
Dial by your location
+1 646 876 9923 US (New York)
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
+1 301 715 8592 US (Washington DC)
+1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
+1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
+1 408 638 0968 US (San Jose)
Meeting ID: 714 109 46090
- Please join the session 5-10 minutes before the scheduled start time, so as to be seated and settled in place before the practice begins.
- On the “video preview,” click to join with or without video. (Probably “with” in the beginning.) The host will ask you to turn your video off to preserve bandwidth if necessary.
- Click to join with Computer Audio.
Won Buddhism Online Practice Resources
We have created a list of useful resources to help you continue your personal practice and connect with others during these difficult times. Please share and enjoy these resources. We’ll be updating the schedule as additional meeting times are added.