4 Wednesday 7:30pm
Due to the growing concerns around COVID-19, we will meet online. It’s simple to join, so if you are interested, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or fill out the form below and we will set everything up!
March 18, 25, April 1, 8
7:30 – 8:30 pm
We would like to invite you to take part in our continuing Wednesday Evening Peer-Led Dharma Circle. We’ll be discussing the the Brahamviharas. Also known as the Four Immeasurables or the Four Divine Abodes, the Brahmaviharas are Loving Kindness, Compassion, Empathetic Joy, and Equanimity. Cultivating these qualities is essential part of Buddhist practice, and they are a natural continuation of our earlier discussions on the Four Noble Truths and the Noble Eightfold Path.
The meetings are informal, lasting for one hour each Wednesday, after the meditation service at 7:30. If you can commit to all four sessions in a topic, that’s great, but drop-in is fine, too.
Suggested donation: $5 – $10
To give you an idea of what a typical meeting will be like, we’ll follow this agenda:
- Welcome: We welcome new participants, briefly introduce ourselves, and lay out the plan for the hour.
- Dharma Journal Check In: We share anything we’d like to around our practice, using the format of the dharma journal as laid out in Living Dharma.
- Reading: We take turns reading a short dharma piece chosen and distributed in advance. Readings may come from the Scriptures of Won Buddhism or other Buddhist teachings.
- Discussion: We discuss the reading and how to apply it to our daily practice and life.
- Wrap Up: We choose a reading for the following week, and then share a moment of silence and gratitude before closing.
If you’d like more information about this program, future topics and dates, please email email@example.com or fill out the form below.