Jan 8th, 15th, 22nd & 29th.
We would like to invite you to take part in our Wednesday Evening Peer-Led Dharma Circle, starting on January 8th. We’ll be choosing different topics to explore and discuss together, and we’ll spend four weeks on each topic.
The first one will be the Four Noble Truths. The meetings will be informal, lasting for one hour each Wednesday, after the meditation service at 7:40. If you can commit to all four sessions in a topic, that’s great, but drop-in is fine, too.
To give you an idea of what a typical meeting will be like, we’ll follow this agenda:
- Welcome: We welcome new participants, briefly introduce ourselves, and lay out the plan for the hour.
- Dharma Journal Check In: We share anything we’d like to around our practice, using the format of the dharma journal as laid out in Living Dharma.
- Reading: We take turns reading a short dharma piece chosen and distributed in advance. Readings may come from the Scriptures of Won Buddhism or other Buddhist teachings.
- Discussion: We discuss the reading and how to apply it to our daily practice and life.
- Wrap Up: We choose a reading for the following week, and then share a moment of silence and gratitude before closing.
If you’re interested in taking part in the first discussion on the Four Noble Truths, or if you’d like more information about future topics and dates, please email email@example.com or fill out the form below.