Won Institute of Graduate Studies: Presidential Search
The Won Institute of Graduate Studies seeks applicants for the position of President. The small, non-profit graduate school located north of Philadelphia is founded upon Won Buddhism. Therefore, applicants for this position should meet the following criteria:
- Understand and respect the religious and spiritual roots of the Institute, namely the principles of Won Buddhism and the practice of meditation.
- Understanding of the academic programs of the Institute: Won Buddhist Studies, Acupuncture Studies and Chinese Herbal Medicine, their enrollment plan, and business applications
- Hold previous experience in higher education administration with effective leadership skills and appreciation for the direction of mission and the maintenance of quality through accreditation
- Have experience in fundraising and donor relationship building with ability to work in a culturally diverse environment
- Possess an earned professional degree, e.g., (JD, MD, DAc, DO) or an earned terminal academic degree (PhD, EdD)
Note: Preference will be given to applicants who are Won Buddhists in good standing and who are bilingual in Korean and English.
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter explaining how they meet the qualifications listed above along with a current resume and contact information for three letters of recommendation. Those documents should be submitted by March 31, 2023. The successful candidate should be prepared to start by the end of June 2023.
EEOC STATEMENT – In accord with federal law and applicable Pennsylvania statutes, the Won Institute does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, or veteran status in employment or in any program or activity offered or sponsored by the Won Institute.
Applications are to be emailed to: email@example.com