As you become comfortable with Won Buddhist teaching and practice through regular attendance at Sunday services or at group meditation during the week, we encourage you to become a member. Becoming a member of the WBM is an acknowledgment of one’s connection to the Buddhist practice on the path of awakening. It is a way to make a commitment to practice and support our sangha, our spiritual community, through regular donation and volunteer service.
Your membership is crucial to building our community dedicated to awakening, compassion, and wisdom.
Full Membership with Dharma Name
Suggested Donation: $100 per month
Full Membership is for those who make a commitment to Won Buddhist practice and its actualization in daily life. It requires at least six months of regular weekly practice. It is commemorated by receiving of a Dharma Name that signifies the beginning of a new journey of spiritual practice to awaken to the Dharma.
Full Membership Benefits
- 20% discounts at Won Dharma Retreat Center
- 20% discounts on temple events
- Guidance from the Reverends
- Opportunity to share your practice through delivering a member’s talk
- Access to the temple’s lending library
- Priority registration for Dharma Study Groups
- Priority registration for retreats at the Won Dharma Center, our retreat center upstate New York.
- Access to the temple program council
What Our Members Say
Won Buddhism is teaching me to take care of myself, in doing so I can pay it forward and take care of others.Steven Hines, Won Do Guen
I am beyond grateful for the compassionate community – my dharma family- who proved so much support and joy.Charlene Manuel, Won Bup Shim
Sunday service brings me joy and a sense of enlightenment. Enlightenment in learning, giving back & inner peacefulness.Ludy Napoleon, Won Ja Eun