All are welcome to the Won Buddhism of Manhattan Temple in the spirit of open community.
As you become comfortable with Won Buddhist teaching and practice through regular attendance at Sunday services or at group meditation during the week, we encourage you to become a member. Becoming a member of the WBM is an acknowledgment of one’s connection to the Buddhist practice on the path of awakening. It is a way to make a commitment to practice and support our sangha, our spiritual community, through regular donation and volunteer service.
Your membership is crucial to building our community dedicated to awakening, compassion, and wisdom.
Full Membership with Dharma Name
Suggested Donation: $100 per month
Full Membership is for those who make a commitment to Won Buddhist practice and its actualization in daily life. It requires at least six months of regular weekly practice. It is commemorated by receiving of a Dharma Name that signifies the beginning of a new journey of spiritual practice to awaken to the Dharma.
Full Membership Benefits
- 20% discounts at Won Dharma Retreat Center
- 20% discounts on temple events
- Guidance from the Reverends
- Opportunity to share your practice through delivering a member’s talk
- Access to the temple’s lending library
- Priority registration for Dharma Study Groups
- Priority registration for retreats at the Won Dharma Center, our retreat center upstate New York.
- Access to the temple program council
Visitors & Friends
All are welcome to participate in our programs to explore and familiarize oneself with our practice and community. For visitors, we suggest a minimum donation of $10 per visit. But no one will be turned away for lack of money.
If you are interested in Membership, but cannot afford the Membership Donations suggested, we would not want that to prevent you from becoming a member and we would like to discuss this with you and work out something that you could afford. Contact us.